QUESTION 3 - QUESTIONNAIRE
















My analysis of audience response:

How old are you? - 

The age of my audience is most predominantly 16-18 years of age, this being fitting to my target audience, however with the addition of  19-21 year olds and a 22-24 it gives me the opportunity to see who may actually have connection to the video outside of my target audience age range. When in planning for this video I wanted the video to reach the minds of young people, who may be starting a relationship, or have just moved on from their first love. First loves are such a huge part of young peoples lives, they circulate in their minds and fill their bodies with emotions, they are able to create emotion and feelings that that person may have never felt before. Therefore to have audience interaction centred around that group I feel as though I can really see whether the narrative of my video has had impact and worked.

Gender? - 

Secondly, I asked this question because gender plays an important part in my analysis due to the different emotions males and females have during their relations with another person. Stereotypically, during a break up or distance from a loved one the female feels more pain and is able to express it. So to have interaction from a male audience it can enable me to establish whether this stereotype is true, if it is the same for all males. However, the downside to having a revelation of gender in my audience responses is that the target audience was mainly set for women, therefore most probably putting off male audiences to view it. But also love isn’t necessarily something males like to speak out about, it tends to be just on the surface. But also for me a key thing to point out when looking at the results of gender, it is key to note that the video is about a gay relationship, two females, therefore it becomes again more centred around females. Although this is the case it wasn’t my intention. The original plan was to have a heterosexual relationship, in that the performer would have more synchronisity to the song and vocals.

Have you ever been in a relationship?- 
What genre of music do you like?- 

The third and forth questions were asked so I could understand the viewer more in order to establish how they would connect to the narrative in my video. Most answered, yes, long term for question 3, for me this was vital, because it either meant they had felt love for someone, or they still think of that person, even when they are separated now because they are able to establish that they felt that that was long term. I asked question four to establish what music the audience connects to more, this is to narrow down whether not only is the narrative fitting to my original target audience but the music chose too. The responses were varied, they consisted of mostly ‘Grime” as a result but the fact that when asking whether they would recommend my video, there was an 100% response, this then detailing to me that although their music taste was not necessarily the genre I chose to work with, they still respected and enjoyed the video I created. This is my opinion could also be due to the hybridity of the songs genre, this admittedly was something I struggled to determine. 

Can you relate to the themes/feelings of the music video?- 

I asked this question because I felt that it was vital to give the opportunity to the audience to write their own response to a question, express their thoughts and feelings. All responses are appreciated and in my opinion, I agree with all of their responses. My favourite is most definitely “yes, I can understand the love they have for each other”, this is because although the narrative was fairly complex and difficult to understand, that is the one understanding I wanted the audience to grasp from the video.

What do you feel the message is?-
What words would you choose to describe this video?- 

My response choices for these questions were varied, I wanted to see whether the audience would think the same as I did when creating this, the highest chosen choice was “missing a loved one” this for me is the response I planned when creating the video, however I chose the other responses because they are things that went through my mind when filming and finalising the product. So to have all of them chosen, meant for that the video was a success, it gave the audience the same feeling I received from it. For Question 7 with the responses being varied, the most popular choice being “Youthful” made me realise that the target audience saw themselves in the characters,  and in my opinion I am relieved that “professional” had no votes because it was amateur and experimental.


Comments

Popular Posts